The project of PakGIS was started to support researchers, students and professional in their work/ studies by the provision of geo-data which is generally not available free of cost.
Being first and biggest forum of free GIS data provision, now we are getting an increased number of GIS data requests on daily basis from all over the world.
How can you contribute?
For sustainability of the initiative, we are looking for home based volunteers for the following tasks:
- The creation of a standard geo-database for the shapefiles of city maps available at PakGIS
- Development of new GIS maps of different cities in Pakistan
- Creation of a Road network dataset for complete Pakistan, we have raw data available. just need to compile in ArcGIS
- Managing visitors on the blog and ensuring in time feed back mechanism.
- Establishment of some GIS working groups of students in universities department
We can teach you for any GIS processing required for any task. All we need is dedicated and trust worthy persons committed to the cause.
- Be a part of large network of professionals (urban planners, GIS experts, Engineers, researchers)
- Visible Contribution in building future of Pakistan
- Professional Working experience
- Honorary letter of volunteer ship
- Quickest access to GIS data of PakGIS
Please spread this message among your juniors and friends interested in GIS stuff through mail, facebook or other sources.